Comrades, The Red Fleet needs you! Read more... ×
Praeotoria

Cartography: The Revival

Its happening!

Before we begin, I'd like to say that I will be creating my own map with Paint.Net. This is a software where you can produce images that might look good depending on the user. So now, after getting that out of the way let us begin. 

The map I will be creating will not take example from Earth, and rather instead of continents, it will be primarily focused on chains of islands and continents dotted around. Users will be able to request additions to the map but they will be primarily minor and only to fix mistakes or issues that administrators have with it. Map Updates should happen frequently every two weeks or less depending on major events or if the changes are minor.

That being said, this map is not official in nature. It was created for a replacement to the map which was supposed to be published last year, but never happened. Roleplays associated with this map will probably be not canon in nature.

If you have any suggestions tell me! The map will be released soon and this thread is just to tell you about my project. 

• Like 2

I forgot to mention that, if you have any questions or concerns you can reply to this thread. Other than that, progress is going swell.

Feel free to add the Caelapitan islands to the map:

Ny7wlt7.png

I can get that to you in a more friendly format if you'd like so it fits with your cartography design.

11 minutes ago, Caelapes said:

I can get that to you in a more friendly format if you'd like so it fits with your cartography design.

It's fine. I'm just going to create an outline and create the terrain. Will this archipelago contain two or more nations or only you?

Only Caelapes. Feel free to size it appropriately in the map so it's not enormous.

I will design it so it fits appropriately with the islands/continents surrounding it. 

On 2.10.2016 at 9:21 PM, Caelapes said:

Feel free to add the Caelapitan islands to the map:

Ny7wlt7.png

How did you create this map, can you tell me the application?

Edited by Greater Europe and Northern America

Here's how the People's Republic of Bundyland appears on a map. I'm working on the detail, but as per my National Factbook Geography entry: Most of the urban areas are situated along the southern coastline. The mountainous region in the north is pretty much a no-go zone at present; it's where the remnants of the previous rulers of the land are in self-exile. The small island off the east coast is a designated national park, to which tourists can take day trips into the forests there, to observe the abundant wildlife.

59cd5c0251187_Screenshot2017-09-28at15_55_18.png.ceb3a143878e10a1dcb4237876e5be42.png 

Other than that, I plan to build my population toward having a Capital City which I shall add at a later date.

Edited by Bundyland