Soviet Potheads

Bearer of the Soviet Sweet Leaf

Greetings I am the nation known as Soviet Potheads. If you wish to refer to me as a person you can call me Sarg. I am an American who despite knowing how screwed up this nation and its government is, still has faith that we can make America and the world a better place. I am a strong believer in democracy and because I live in a closed-primary state I am registered with the Democratic Party (because I value being able to vote in every election) and cast my first ever vote for Bernie Sanders. I am a Political Science major and will be graduating in less than 2 months. I am sadly ill-informed of international politics and do not receive much in terms of international news so please excuse me for my ignorance in many topics.

My nation was created as a joke nation but once the extra hilarity of Stalin lighting a bong wore off I decided to make this one a more serious nation (though I will create an RP nation if necessary). Soviet Potheads is a Stalinist Russia where a rare form of Marijuana was discovered and after the revolution the power struggle over the ideas of Stalin's "Sweet Leaf in one Country" and Trotsky's "Permanent Sweet Leaf Revolution". Stalin wanted to keep the Sweet Leaf in the realm of the Soviets as he sought to protect the plant so that it's exportation and mass harvesting didn't drive it to extinction (but really Stalin just wanted total control of the pot) whereas Trotsky believed that all the world should experience this wonderful leaf and that it would unite the world. In the end Stalin's excellent scheming beat Trotsky, but Trotsky wasn't exiled and assassinated in fact the two of them smoke together every now and again despite the tensions. 

stoner stalin.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome, comrade Sarg! How are you doing? 

Since you are a Political Science major, who is your favorite political philosopher and why? Favorite work in political science? I am really interested in stuff like that, personally. 

I should inform you that this is not an RP region. We have this, though: https://theredand.black/forums/forum/8-roleplay-hall/. The roleplay hall hasn't been used for a while, but you can try to set it in motion again ;)

20 hours ago, Burninati0n said:

I tried to get people to RP but it died. 

I am not a fan of role play myself, but I would help in an attempt to bring it back to life.

6 hours ago, Freien said:

I am not a fan of role play myself, but I would help in an attempt to bring it back to life.

Not a fan of -- I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind my vote for you as WA Delegate, comrade. Your blasphemy cannot go unpunished! 

/kidding. 

Seriously though, if there are other people who actually want to RP, they should post there. If I'm the only one, that's ok. I have other forums :P

• Like 1

I don't think that you are the only one, but most comrades wouldn't take the initiative to start a RP in the forum. If a good idea comes up, we should try it. With some work, good will and advertisement, it could be a success. 

On 4/14/2017 at 9:38 AM, Freien said:

Welcome, comrade Sarg! How are you doing? 

Since you are a Political Science major, who is your favorite political philosopher and why? Favorite work in political science? I am really interested in stuff like that, personally. 

I should inform you that this is not an RP region. We have this, though: https://theredand.black/forums/forum/8-roleplay-hall/. The roleplay hall hasn't been used for a while, but you can try to set it in motion again ;)

My favorite political science philosopher is a tough question. Nietzsche is my answer for every sort of philosopher. Marx is a given for his work in creating the entire left spectrum as we know it. As a political scientist however my knowledge is mostly in US Government and I never had much in the way of political theory outside of Plato, Aristotle, Cicero, and Machiavelli. I am writing my own beliefs in a pseudo-ideology fashion. It's hard work but I believe in it because I want to make the world a better place for everyone.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Soviet Potheads said:

It's hard work but I believe in it because I want to make the world a better place for everyone.

That is the purpose, comrade. I wish you the best in achieving your goal.

• Like 1

You like Nietzsche though. Blegh. I guess compared to the others on that list he sounds breakthrough. But after Genealogy of Morals, I wouldn't touch Nietzsche with a 10 foot pole. 

11 minutes ago, Burninati0n said:

You like Nietzsche though. Blegh. I guess compared to the others on that list he sounds breakthrough. But after Genealogy of Morals, I wouldn't touch Nietzsche with a 10 foot pole. 

I used to like you, Burninati0n...

And you said that without having even read Beyond Good and Evil :P

LOL. 

Could it possibly be worse than Geneology of Morals? I could add it to my reading list. Been a while since I read something written under the influence of syphilis-induced hallucinations ;)