Caelapes

Nominations for WA Delegate and General Council - Ending November 10, 2017

Caelapes    278
On 8/22/2017 at 11:34 AM, Proletaire said:

Comrade WA Delegate:

It is the duty of the Comrade WA Delegate to hold votes on all valid proposals, to execute the results of all passed votes, to remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.

Councillor for External Affairs:

The Councillor for External Affairs will have Embassy authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for External Affairs to hold votes on all valid embassy requests, to execute the results of all passed embassy requests, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.

Councillor for Information:

The Councillor for Information will have Appearance authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for Information to create up-to-date dispatches for matters up for the vote and a legislative archive to be displayed below the World Factbook Entry of The Internationale, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.

Councillor for Activities:

The Councillor for Activities will have Poll authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for Activities to promote activities of The Internationale, encourage communication through polls, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.

All nominations must be submitted in this thread; nominations via RMB and Discord will not be counted.

Comrades are permitted to nominate any comrade of The Internationale, including themselves. Nominations need not be seconded in order to be considered valid.

Nominations will close November 10, when the election will begin.

• Like 1

Zenganopoli    41

I thank comrade Freien for considering me worthy of a 3rd consecutive mandate, but I refuse the nomination

Aarnonia    39

I will nomiate Comrade @Freien for the position of Councilor of Activities.

Zenganopoli    41

The Councillor for activites must be active. Really. I'm not going back to that position if my successor gets tired or leaves or stuff.

So, accept it if you guarantee to be active. Not a big amount of time is needed. But just constance and willingness

Freien    109
On 11/5/2017 at 1:57 PM, Aarnonia said:

I will nominate Comrade @Freien for the position of Councilor of Activities.

Thank you for considering me. However, I will not accept the nomination due to a lack of time to retain this position at the current moment. 

Burninati0n    55

I nominate @Useugi for Activities. 

Currently the list is: 
Information = SLC [unopposed]
Affairs = Chelovechestvo [has not accepted nomination]
Activities = Uesugi [has not accepted nomination]
WA Delegate = Burnination [has not accepted nomination]

Lol we're doing a good job this time of not accepting nominations ;)

Zenganopoli    41

I'd rather have Chel as CoI and Useugi for affairs, but it's just my point of view and i'd be fine with it

1 hour ago, Zenganopoli said:

I'd rather have Chel as CoI and Useugi for affairs, but it's just my point of view and i'd be fine with it

If that happened, I'd be happy to fill CoA as all these people seem to be running unopposed. I don't want to complicate things though.

Burninati0n    55

Plot twist: 

Caelpes takes all unopposed nominations and randomly assigns them to officer roles instead of giving them what they were nominated for. 

Plot twist II (electric boogaloo) :

I nominate @Zenganopoli for comrade WA Delegate. 

Aarnonia    39

I will accept the nomination only if no one else will run for WA Delegate, as I frankly don't believe I did a good job and would welcome a new delegate.

Useugi    2

I am willing to accept a nomination, but not sure for what specifically. I see that I was mentioned for possibly Activities or Affairs. I would be willing to do either, but am not sure how well I can fulfill them. I do not have a ton of knowledge regarding other NS regions, but would be willing to learn and represent TI to the best of my abilities. In regard to Activities, I would not be opposed to that either, but not sure whether or not I could bring anything new to the region in that regard.

Useugi    2

I am someone who strangely logs into NationStates quite a bit, and would be willing to go and fulfill the WA Delegate role of voting on World Assembly proposed legislation, to try and get it to the floor. But I am not sure whether or not I am the best choice. I definitely am interested in getting slightly more involved in the regional politics, since I am fairly active on the Discord.

• Like 1

Burninati0n    55

You were nominated (by me) for Activities, Uesugi, but the only person who definitely agreed to run for something was SLC for Information. So you could decline my nomination for Activities and run for something else instead :p. 

(The list of people who have not accepted nominations includes me and Cheloveschestvo, and Aarn conditionally accepted one.) 

Useugi    2

Well, Zengan seemed to have like unofficially nominated me for Affairs, is why I brought that up.

Edited by Useugi

Burninati0n    55

Zengan's opinion doesn't count he's stepping down from his role don't listen to him ;)

Burninati0n    55

Hokay, so, we're running out of time and for once I am failing to fill the roles with nominees who will accept. I'll accept the nomination for WA delegate and nomnomnominate @Aarnonia for Affairs. 

• Like 1

Zenganopoli    41

I thank @Burninati0n but I refuse to hold a position as councillor for this term.

Said this, I'll probably be willing to do it in january (next term)