World Anarchic Union

Special Vote: Should NSLeft draft a statement of condemnation against NPO?

Should NSLeft draft a statement of condemnation against NPO?  

9 votes

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What’s your view, comrades?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2018 at 09:59 PM

Comrades,

There have been some developments in NS that require our attention. In the past few days, and within the wider context of rivalry and proclamations of war between various sizable and influential NS regions, most such proclamations and condemnations being against the region of The Pacific and its government, the New Pacific Order (NPO), information, relevant to The Internationale and NSLeft in general has come out. As revealed from leaks, the New Pacific Order was sheltering the known fascist collaborator and bigot Vetelo/Attero/“Comrade Sarah”, leader of USSD and former sailor of The Red Fleet who was expelled due to such problematic behaviour and cooperation with fascist militaries. The Red Fleet has already issued a statement regarding the situation which you can see here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=34956334#p34956334

As such, a special vote is called today and will go on for three days due to the urgency of the matter. The matter that is up to vote is this: Should TI support NSLeft as a whole drafting a statement of condemnation against NPO due to these recent developments? 

As always, a veto must come with an explanation in order to count, otherwise it gets counted as an abstention. 

Edited by World Anarchic Union

Do we get a second vote on the actual content of the statement or is this the only authorization? 

What will the contents of the statement be? 

Were the fascist members of the region we’re voting about condemning openly present or are their reprehensible views a surprise to the region of residence? 

Sorry, I literally never follow gameplay issues. 

@Caelapes or @World Anarchic Union

@Burninati0n

The statement will be drafted by the NSLeft regional representatives should we and the other regions decide this. It will be a statement condemning the government of The Pacific in terms of content, based on this information. 

What do.you mean by the last question? The NPO were sheltering and hiding the identity of Vetelo, when under a different name he was trying to sneak back into servers from where he was banned from. 

Ok, sure, the NPO is condemnable for this and many other actions, such as disrespecting the sovereignty of others regions and especially that of its allies by spying, attempting coups, and continuously lying and hiding information from them. We can all agree with that. 

However, I don't see the point at such a statement. The Red Fleet was cooperating with the military of the Pacific on antifascist operations and the meaning is the statement is that this won't happen anymore. As far as I know, The Internationale and the other regions of the NSLeft have no relations with the NPO whatsoever. Our allies from The Communist Bloc released a statement about the issue, but they were holding embassies with the Pacific. We aren't. We have already nothing to do with them. I see no purpose in a statement of the nature of "Oh, I don't like what you did", because I am pretty sure that no one but the NPO themselves (and even that is questionable) liked all that. 

Nevertheless, I will wait for an answer before I veto. Please do ping me in Discord when that comes, so that I don't miss it. 

11 hours ago, Burninati0n said:

Were the fascist members of the region we’re voting about condemning openly present or are their reprehensible views a surprise to the region of residence

There are no fascist members of the NPO. They are pretty strict about that, from what I know. They are also a leading antifascist force when it comes to their military. You probably misunderstood what happened, and I will reference WAU here: "The NPO were sheltering and hiding the identity of Vetelo, when under a different name he was trying to sneak back into servers from where he was banned from. 

By the way, logs about the Vetelo thing at the end of that dispatch: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1129092

On 11/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, Freien said:

Ok, sure, the NPO is condemnable for this and many other actions, such as disrespecting the sovereignty of others regions and especially that of its allies by spying, attempting coups, and continuously lying and hiding information from them. We can all agree with that.

As this is gameplay, I don't see any problem with this part, tbh. I'm more concerned by what I've been told about Vetelo, especially because I don't care about seemingly siding with questionable people on a "witchhunt" under a latin motto reused by french collaborators  I agree with you this isn't the best outcome, the best outcome being them kicking him out.But in the end, as the hunt is a real thing, I prefer that the NSleft issues a statement, including maybe future regions, that it goes alone diminishing the politicality of the statement...