World Anarchic Union

Nominations for General Council, Ending February 3rd

Comrades,

The terms of the current General Council are expiring and nominations have opened. They will remain open until February 3rd.

You can nominate yourself or others for any position within the General Council. You must accept the nomination in this thread, not in the RMB, Discord or some other thread, until the day the nominations are concluded. As with the term that is concluding, this term will last for 90 days. These are the positions that you can apply for.

Comrade WA Delegate

It is the duty of the Comrade WA Delegate to hold votes on all valid proposals, to execute the results of all passed votes, to remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.

Councillor for External Affairs

The Councillor for External Affairs will have Embassy authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for External Affairs to hold votes on all valid embassy requests, to execute the results of all passed embassy requests, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale.

Councillor for Internal Affairs

The Councillor for Internal Affairs will have Appearance and Poll authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for Internal Affairs to create up-to-date dispatches for matters up for the vote and a legislative archive to be displayed below the World Factbook Entry of The Internationale, and  promote activities of the Internationale in the forums and the regional Discord server, encourage communication through polls, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale. 

Councillor for Moderation 

The Councillor for Moderation will have Border Control authority. It is the duty of the Councillor for Moderation to remove nations from The Internationale who do not comply with the duties of Comrade Membership, to monitor the Regional Message Board and other offsite communications channels affiliated with The Internationale, and to be a diplomatic and competent representative of the democratic will of the Comrade Members of The Internationale. The Councillor for Moderation will have moderation authority in the regional Discord server. 

Hopefully a vote will take place for each position. 

Edited by World Anarchic Union

For starter, I would like to propose having 2 councillors for moderation again. Domela and I had discussed that a long time ago, and for quite a few reasons I would like to have 2 again

I would like to nominate myself. I don't know for what position, any would be fine for me. I have been a councillor for moderation and I would have no problem serving there again.

I would also like to express my sadness for not having radio events again. it's extremely sad.

(I also wouldn't mind staying in the sidelines and not serving at all, anyway)

Edited by Zenganopoli

47 minutes ago, Zenganopoli said:

For starter, I would like to propose having 2 councillors for moderation again. Domela and I had discussed that a long time ago, and for quite a few reasons I would like to have 2 again

I would like to nominate myself. I don't know for what position, any would be fine for me. I have been a councillor for moderation and I would have no problem serving there again.

I would also like to express my sadness for not having radio events again. it's extremely sad.

(I also wouldn't mind staying in the sidelines and not serving at all, anyway)

Oh yes, I agree with 2 moderators. Best option would be if at least two are nominated to work things out between them for now so we can get two moderators and to pass an amendment to make this official in the next term, if this is wanted. 

I nominate @The Postmodern Proletariatfor the position of Moderation, @Burninati0n for any position he prefers, @Zenganopoli for Internal Affairs, and @World Anarchic Union for External Affairs. 

4 hours ago, Zenganopoli said:

For starter, I would like to propose having 2 councillors for moderation again. 

I agree, but you should have proposed that before the nominations. 

Edited by Freien
additions and corrections (twice)
  • Like 1

I would like to nominate: 

@Asturies-Llion for External Affairs. 
> I believe that he has an existing presence in several other regions, making him a perfect candidate for External Affairs. 

@Countriopia for Moderation. 
> I believe that her presence and thoughtfulness are perfect for this role. 

@Mollergrad for Internal Affairs.
> Their Discord presence and time spent in region indicates that they would be a great new addition to regional office. 

I will accept the nomination made by @Freien for World Assembly Delegate. 

I served previously as WAD during TI's most powerful period in the WA -- a time when we had over 100 WA endorsements on the delegate and a vibrant and growing community. It is my intention to take specific actions to grow the member base of the region and cultivate a vibrant community. I recently posted what amounts to a manifesto on the Discord and I will repeat it here: 

1) In-game polls and newsletters. 

>> I used to send out weekly or monthly TG's that told people what they could do to get more involved. People who are involved are less likely to leave. Even if they don't go get themselves more involved, it gives life to the region and puts a face and voice on the people representing it. {In addition to this, I would note that some other regions take a periodic "census" of their membership, granting them important insights to the community.}

2) Revamp the recruiter and regional WFE. 

>> When was the last time we substantively changed anything? Especially the text in the recruiter -- we should experiment with different wordings. Other regions have increased the efficiency of their recruiters by playing with wordings and taking statistics on how effective it was being. 

3) Open things up for easier participation. 

>> It's exceptionally hard to do things around here because things happen in secret or are out of the power of the usual member. For example, we used to have thriving radio events on our server but that function doesn't work on the bot, and the crucial factor is that there's nothing any of us can do about it because we can't add a new bot or fix the existing one. Channels and interests are created by the council in lieu of people actually requesting them. The RP is case in point -- there was a burst of activity that came from the bottom up when we did that -- we need more things like that.

But another thing that keeps us from achieving potential there is that the medium of communication is again controlled. I have tried to revive R&B as something new but I can't make articles spawn and I can't send regional TG's about it. So as a result, you end up in a situation where the region depends upon privileged users to allow or create platforms for new things or old ones, and those platforms aren't being created. So, why would leftist Nationstates players stay in TI? They can go to TLA or DSA where it is much easier to get a platform for new activity.

If elected, I could do in-game polls and newsletters, a census, and revamp the WFE on my own (although I intend to do the last part with input from everyone in the region). Changing our privilege structure will require action from existing administrators and may require charter modification. 

For a long time, TI was a premier region for real-life leftists to hang out. I think that competition from other leftist regions means that we have to adapt, and I'm suggesting that we take concrete, actionable steps to do that. For the record, I hate responsibility, but I didn't see others propose an agenda of concrete and actionable steps to improve TI in the discord thread created for it, and as such I feel a responsibility to do so myself. Should any of you disagree with this platform, I strongly recommend running against it, and voting against it. 

• Like 3

As I said earlier today, I am enthusiastic to accept comrade @Freien's nomination as CoIA.

I nonetheless remain available for the interests of the region, as if, for example, a hole needed to be filled in the next council

7 hours ago, Burninati0n said:

I would like to nominate: 

@Asturies-Llion for External Affairs. 
> I believe that he has an existing presence in several other regions, making him a perfect candidate for External Affairs. 

@Countriopia for Moderation. 
> I believe that her presence and thoughtfulness are perfect for this role. 

@Mollergrad for Internal Affairs.
> Their Discord presence and time spent in region indicates that they would be a great new addition to regional office. 

I will accept the nomination made by @Freien for World Assembly Delegate. 

I served previously as WAD during TI's most powerful period in the WA -- a time when we had over 100 WA endorsements on the delegate and a vibrant and growing community. It is my intention to take specific actions to grow the member base of the region and cultivate a vibrant community. I recently posted what amounts to a manifesto on the Discord and I will repeat it here: 

If elected, I could do in-game polls and newsletters, a census, and revamp the WFE on my own (although I intend to do the last part with input from everyone in the region). Changing our privilege structure will require action from existing administrators and may require charter modification. 

For a long time, TI was a premier region for real-life leftists to hang out. I think that competition from other leftist regions means that we have to adapt, and I'm suggesting that we take concrete, actionable steps to do that. For the record, I hate responsibility, but I didn't see others propose an agenda of concrete and actionable steps to improve TI in the discord thread created for it, and as such I feel a responsibility to do so myself. Should any of you disagree with this platform, I strongly recommend running against it, and voting against it. 

I am in 4 regions at the same time, so I accept

I'll accept the nomination by @Burninati0n but do bear in mind that I haven't been in here nearly as long as some other people on here. I'm not 100% clear about what my job would be, but I'd be happy to learn along the way.

Two nominations? Is that even allowed, haha. In my own opinion I'd be better suited for Moderation, at least I know what my duties would be.

Firstly, I’ll have to decline  @Freien ‘s nomination, although I am extremely thankful. I don’t think I’ll have the time for such a position and seeing its importance that’s not a risk I want to take. 

Secondly, one cannot apply for two positions so the nominee such as in @Mollergrad‘s place will have to choose between them. 

Thirdly, seeing as @Countriopia unfortunately declined her nomination, I’d like to nominate @The Decapole counsils for the position of Councillor for Moderation because I think his ideas around the subject were very well developed and it’d be good for the region in regards to moderation if they were applied.

I will make a post of who has been nominated and who has accepted their nomination at another day.

Situation as of now: 

- WAD: @Burninati0n (accepted)
- Internal Affairs: Me (accepted),  @Mollergrad (yet to clearly decide on whether to accept it or not), @Zrhajan (yet to declare himself on the matter)
- External Affairs: @Asturies-Llion (accepted)
- Moderation:  @The Postmodern Proletariat (yet to declare themselves), @Sierra Lyricalia (yet to declare themselves), @Mollergrad (yet to clearly decide on whether to accept it or not)

I accept the nomination for Moderator. I would be better suited there, I think.

(update moved 2 posts below)

Edited by Zenganopoli

Update:

- WAD: 
@Burninati0n (accepted)
- Internal Affairs: Me (accepted) 
- External Affairs: @Asturies-Llion (accepted), @Sierra Lyricalia (yet to declare themselves)
- Moderation: @Mollergrad (accepted), @The Postmodern Proletariat (yet to declare themselves)

Edited by Zenganopoli
  • Like 1

I decline for the moderation. The term of my partner pregnancy wouldn't allow me to function properly, even if I decided to get back to half-implication.
Also I nominated @Sierra Lyricalia for External Affairs, not for moderation which wouldn't have made so much sense to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Decapole counsils said:

I decline for the moderation. The term of my partner pregnancy wouldn't allow me to function properly, even if I decided to get back to half-implication.
Also I nominated @Sierra Lyricalia for External Affairs, not for moderation which wouldn't have made so much sense to me.

I've edited the post above.

Also, best wishes for the pregnancy!

• Like 1

I'm honored to be nominated, comrades, but I fear I have so little presence in The Internationale and in NSLeft generally that I wouldn't serve the community with any ability or acumen. Snarking on fash in the NS Gameplay/SC forums does not a minister make.  😉

I will decline. I don’t think I have the time necessary at the moment to give to any sort of position and I’d like to sit this term out.

Also, reminder that this is the final day of the nominations. 

So, nominations have ended. There will be no elections, seeing as there is no challenger for any position. Congratulations on the new General Council and good luck! 

Comrade WA Delegate: @Burninati0n

Councillor for External Affairs:@Asturies-Llion

Councillor for Internal Affairs: @Zenganopoli

Councillor for Moderation: @Mollergrad