What personal information does TheRedAnd.Black collect from people who visit our website?
TheRedAnd.Black may collect:
- Your IP address
- Your email address
- Your NationStates.net nation and verification code
- Your Discord username.
When does TheRedAnd.Black collect information?
Your IP address is collected when you visit any page on this website. Your email address and NationStates.net nation are collected upon registration.
If you do not register, your email address, NationStates.net nation, and NationStates verification code will not be (and cannot be) collected.
If you do not authenticate your Discord account, your Discord username will not be (and cannot be) collected.
How does TheRedAnd.Black use your information?
TheRedAnd.Black uses the information collected from you:
- To help enforce a regional rule limiting votes to one per person.
- To help identify when a site visitor is banned from the site for rule violations by moderators.
- To ensure that users registering under specific NationStates.net nation names actually control that nation and are not impersonating other users.
- To send email notifications.
- To respond to inquiries or questions.
- To ensure that users using Discord under NationStates.net aliases actually control the nation involved and are not impersonating other users.
How does TheRedAnd.Black protect your information?
TheRedAnd.Black requires SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connections to the website. This is denoted in most browsers by a lock icon in the address bar. In SSL, all data passed between the web server and your browser remains private.
User passwords are encrypted and never stored in plain text.
Site administrators will not publicly disclose personally-identifying information.
Visitors may disable cookies, but will not be able to remain logged in.
Does TheRedAnd.Black share information?
TheRedAnd.Black does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist in operating the website, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. TheRedAnd.Black may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. In the event that ownership of TheRedAnd.Black transfers to a third party in the future, said party will be bound by these same conditions, and be required to notify users in advance should they wish to alter them.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for advertising or other uses.
What about non-personally identifiable information?
Please be aware that TheRedAnd.Black may disclose non-personally identifiable information you provide. In particular, if you operate multiple accounts, site administrators may publicly disclose (by posting on the site and on NationStates.net) that these accounts are connected—operated by the same person—while not personally identifying you.
This is done in order to enforce site rules and etiquette.
Information that does not personally identify you is not the subject of this document.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In accordance with CalOPPA, TheRedAnd.Black agrees that:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Users are usually able to change some of their personal information by logging in to their account. Specifically, users with active accounts can change their current email address. However, users of accounts that are banned from the site are thereafter not able to log in and change their personal information. Users are never able to change their IP address, which is not publicly displayed but is logged. All information may be archived in periodic private system backups.